In the Environments page, you will be able to configure various settings for each of your Environments in Stackify. These settings include agent auto update settings and how exceptions are collected via Stackify APM+.
Auto Update Settings
This setting relates Windows & Linux agents running on your servers.
- Manual - Agents will never auto update. Can be upgraded via Stackify UI or by downloading the installer and running it one every server.
- Automatic Updates - Agents will be updated to whatever the latest version is automatically.
- Allow Beta Version - Agents will automatically update and download any beta versions if one is available.
Exception Collection by APM+
APM+ automatically catches all .NET exceptions that occurr. The exceptions are shown in detailed profile traces that are captured. There is no cost for viewing exceptions in the profile traces.
NOTE: If you are concerned about security and possible data included in exception messages and want to prevent collection of the exceptions, you can change "Hide Exceptions in Trace" to "Yes" and should also change Auto-Collect APM Exceptions to Disabled.
Advanced Error Tracking with Stackify Errors & Logs Management (ELM)
Optionally, if you also use our errors & log management (ELM) product, the exceptions can be automatically uploaded to it. It provides alerts for new errors, tracking error rates, and other advanced features. By default we will upload important and unhandled errors if you are subscribed to ELM.
- Disabled - No exceptions are uploaded to ELM
- Important and Unhandled - Exceptions that bubble all the way up to a user are collected and other important exceptions that our rules include.
- First Chance Exceptions - Every single exception that happens will be uploaded to ELM. This can potentially cause a lot of noise if your application or third party libraries throw a lot of exceptions that are essentially thrown away as part of normal behavior.